Neckyzips update

NOTE: Joe is still catching up with pending work, so we advise to wait until everything is settled.

Parts design and fabrication

https://facebook.com/pages/category/Jew ... 968187295/
civic4982
VIP
VIP

5 year veteran

Frequent Flyer

VIP

Prolific poster

HF veteran

Italiano addict

Re: Neckyzips update

Post by civic4982 »

neckyzips wrote:
EBWing wrote: August 30th, 2021, 11:15 am
civic4982 wrote: August 30th, 2021, 10:20 am Any news on the bezel 6152/1 project?

I’m still hoping for that replacement one and I think we are going on 4 years now.

Thanks
Yes any updates on the bezel?

working on them, main ring is made and all those little pips are made, working on the lume dot now. tails that were added to the pips to aid in production are a bitch to take care of now; and the issues civ mentioned are also trying to be resolved, but inherently the design from pam was fragile too, maybe why not so many survived. anyway, yep they are in process, so sorry guys i know some of you have lost your faith, sorry about that but if you hang in there i feel the end of the last few years bs is clearing.
Yearly bump from this hopeful message for the bezels.

Hopefully some news on them?
neckyzips
Tinkerer
Tinkerer

Frequent Flyer

HF veteran

Skillful builder

Post by neckyzips »

So as you guys surly are aware now, I have had some ridiculous personal issues going on during the past couple of years. Everything form a very debilitating and ongoing back issue, to law suits, primary family deaths, and in home care family issues. I am not one to openly voice my personal problems in detail, frankly its no ones business; but its been a while and I know everyone is itching for their parts/services.

I am painfully aware of EVERY SINGLE PROJECT I have in my shop, it makes me sick to my stomach that I have not been able to get them finished. I am working my way through them as I can. It feels like every time things start getting better some other
BS cranks up, leaving me back home or flat on my back. It is incredibly frustrating!

I shut down to build a shop at the house, the shop is designed to facilitate watch work. There is a complete machine shop separated from the rest of the shop to keep filings etc in one place. With the help of a few good friends (they drove me, hauled the machines and set them in place as I am unable to) the machine shop has been updated with a professional 3000lb 13" lathe to cut slugs of stainless down into watch cases, there is a full size Bridgeport milling machine to accurately cut lugs, angles, etc. These are both pre working machines

to limit the time in the existing CNC mill and lathe speeding up the process. There is a clean room upstairs for assembly, there is a provision for an anodizing station, a pad printing station, a leather working station with hand and machine sewing capabilities. All of these things eating up a 1500 sq foot building that is dedicated to working on and building watches. It is so depressing to be in there thinking of all the money and time spent to set it up only to have it sit stagnant.

I am not writing this to brag, I am writing this so hopefully you will understand that it was not my intention to drop out of the hobby. I have every intention of completing every project to the quality and finish it should be, and sincerely look forward to expanding into more capabilities within the hobby. At the moment things are moving forward, just slower then I would like.
Most of you guys have been fantastically understanding and supportive, I can not begin to tell you how much that means to me. Some of you guys have treated me like I have stolen from you, some have threatened me etc. to you guys, I can just say I understand your frustration, but those tactics really do not help the situation. Every time I have offered those guys to send their projects to a builder of choice there is no response, other than "please finish my project" I am very happy to and aching to finish all these projects, it is a stress having them in limbo that I do not want.

This past has taught me a few things. Life is stupid short, your mobility is a gift, some people are just awesome, some not so much. Mostly what I have learned is life is mess, its unpredictable its complicated, and everyone has a different experience. To those lessons, I no longer feel the need to continually and profusely apologize, though I hate this saying it has some merit, "it is what it is" you can either take a breath and move on, and hang on for the ride, or you can obsess and send 3 emails a day voicing your hatred and disapproval just making matters worse.

Anyway, thanks for hanging in there, things are moving forward, just slower than I would, and you would like.
civic4982
VIP
VIP

5 year veteran

Frequent Flyer

VIP

Prolific poster

HF veteran

Italiano addict

Post by civic4982 »

RideInStyle wrote:I've sent 2x NW plexis and paid the deposit, lost the faith I ever will get the rotating plexis :-(
Now that it’s pretty clear nothing is coming of these how many dollars are owed in deposits I wonder.

There were dozens who were waiting at some point.
Evan
Super Lost Sheep
Super Lost Sheep

5 year veteran

Post by Evan »

the same story )))
Alou
VIP
VIP

Member of the month

Frequent Flyer

VIP

HF veteran

Good neighbour

Post by Alou »

I was wondering is anybody else here making plexi bezels for the pam's ?
EBWing
VIP
VIP

5 year veteran

Frequent Flyer

VIP

HF veteran

Post by EBWing »

Alou wrote: March 21st, 2023, 4:02 pm I was wondering is anybody else here making plexi bezels for the pam's ?
I wish going on oh 6 years now
Alou
VIP
VIP

Member of the month

Frequent Flyer

VIP

HF veteran

Good neighbour

Post by Alou »

Perhaps we should start a project here !
civic4982
VIP
VIP

5 year veteran

Frequent Flyer

VIP

Prolific poster

HF veteran

Italiano addict

Neckyzips update

Post by civic4982 »

Alou wrote:Perhaps we should start a project here !
Plausibly one could 3D print these and then hand finish after?

The two I had were really not very resilient and was hoping for a better built replacement.

The bearings that helped hold them in place just eventually damaged the plastic and they just slipped off all the time. Mine never held great to the plexi either time I had one unfortunately.

It could be just poor design initially or poor reverse engineering.
Alou
VIP
VIP

Member of the month

Frequent Flyer

VIP

HF veteran

Good neighbour

Post by Alou »

3D print is the most accurate way the other would be some kind of mold but how would you heat up the raw material,i don't know .
Modeling epoxy wont work i guess so perhaps experimenting with 3D print tools michw work.
The quality of the material is most important,i dont know what 3d printers can take .The plaxi has to be made of scratch resistant .at least in some level, yet be flexible not to break easily with contact.
Is someone with access to both can work this and we can chip in to help him with some funds maybe.
civic4982
VIP
VIP

5 year veteran

Frequent Flyer

VIP

Prolific poster

HF veteran

Italiano addict

Post by civic4982 »

So this thread for “updates” was started 8/16/2019.

It’s now 7/19/2023 and that makes us just over 47 months since Joe McMeans has pretty much vanished with money and parts to the tune of thousands of dollars if not tens of thousands.

Is he banned at this point?

I’d anyone getting stuff or money back in day, the last 6 months or this year of 2023?

Egi project took $800+ from how many people? 10+?

Bezels had at some point a dozen if not multiples more having sent their bezels and crystals to sit on his “shop”? Probably lost now?

Many oh so so many projects were going in with, hopefully, no one paying up front. Still, their expensive project parts are still stuck? There were even reports of waiting years only for Joe to lift some extra money from HFer’s wallet to complete over the quote.

Sounds like the gig is up.

This has gone on longer than other scammers on the forum over the years.

Shall we finally opt to cut the losses and close the access for the grifting?