Post by TimemiT »

You may consider looking at Sternkruz plexis ... they may be better quality
Alpacalypse Now
Xbuddy313
VIP
VIP

Re: Need some help

Post by Xbuddy313 »

Hi gents, thanks to all for your advice. It is much appreciated. I know now why it is happening and a direction to take! 👍🏻
I will order both the T24 and T25 to see which might be better and prep them to relieve some of the pressure. Next I will look into Quizats and or Sternkruz. Also I think that during particularly cold weather I will refrain from watches with pressure fit plexi’s!!!!
Cheers
Belkin12
VIP
VIP

Post by Belkin12 »

mellons wrote: February 13th, 2019, 3:29 pm dont glue it, use silicon grease to get wr- this sill allow plexi to move etc.
100%
Xbuddy313
VIP
VIP

Post by Xbuddy313 »

Update. I’ve just finished my Davedew 6152 project with the same gen type bezel and have used this threads advice with the plexi. I removed some material from both the inside and outside of the plexi. Just enough for a smooth fit! Then I added a little grease as suggested and voila!!!
The plexi turns willingly and thus has room for small expansion. Thanks for the advice 👍🏻
rustyscoot
Centurion
Centurion

Post by rustyscoot »

Found this while scouring for source of 6154 crystals.

2022 Same issue with my Athaya crystal. I’ve had to bite the bullet and order another from Adrian.

It seems it’s impossible to source a plexiglass over 40mm for adaption generically! Which is odd as I’ve bought countless crystals for pocket watches with similar profiles over 43mm. Seems like 40.1 to 42.9 is an abyss