Scratch built full size egi

NOTE: Joe is still catching up with pending work, so we advise to wait until everything is settled.

Parts design and fabrication

https://facebook.com/pages/category/Jew ... 968187295/
leeyewfei
VIP
VIP

Re: Scratch built full size egi

Post by leeyewfei »

i'm in for a 47mm EGI with 240 movement installed
Lee, Singapore
Avid watch collector - I'm always buying time!
ANGELUS Hoarder!!!!!!! Hahahaha
Hidden Impact
VIP
VIP

Post by Hidden Impact »

I amend my vote for bronze! 47-52mm. I'll take one in any dial format!

Wish these guys made a proper CG, but I have no doubts Joe can!

:)

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

TUFF Stough
Centurion
Centurion

Post by TUFF Stough »

VanSong wrote: March 16th, 2019, 8:37 pm
neckyzips wrote:
mykeos wrote: March 15th, 2019, 4:27 pm Great craftsmanship indeed.But 52mm might be to big for me too,47mm would be perfect,though.I even think 44 or 45mm would look great too,I don't know why this hasn't been tried out yet...
to keep the proportions of the original which is so attractive, you loose space on the dial for the seconds and the 8 day engraving.
china sent a 47 for a bit but the bezel was really thin looked funny.
Absolutely agreed! That is why I still think the DSN 52mm egi case has the best looking case/bezel shape which is in a much more wearable size!

Will be in too, if you can make a slightly smaller then a 52mm build that still have the beautiful silhouette of the egi and also like what Hidden Impact said the Dial design is as important to the overall look of the egi.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
+1

with interchangeable bezel will be ++. would love to see options for bezel (ss, bronze, mm).
neckyzips
Tinkerer
Tinkerer

Post by neckyzips »

as far as interchangeable bezels, lets stick to the egi idea, i am all for making a customizable case maybe a hf collaboration watch, after the egi cases.
Mellons
Chief bottle washer
Chief bottle washer

Post by Mellons »

Great build thread bump
neckyzips wrote: April 20th, 2018, 8:06 am The full size egi donor cases we have access to are, well, kinda crappy, lugs are short, lug holes are in a bad spot, getting the bezel off and back on with out warping it is next to impossible, I could go on, but you get the point.
This one was made in house everything except the second hand and the movement, while its got a few parts that would be changed to more gen like appearance, it's all made like the gen.

I didn't have any round stock in the required size for the76mm length of the case so it started life as a plate.

This was then turned to the final over all diameter, and the shape of the lugs turned I to the face and back

Then off to the mill to cut out the shape, drill the required holes etc

Once that was done, the bezel, case back, rotation hold down ring and crown guard were made. (Forgot to take images of those processes[GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES])

Once all the parts were made and fitted, some fine tuning was done, cutting in the sharp angle at the lug to case (pain in the butt!) fitting the little brass slide tabs that keep the bezel on and allows it to rotate, cutting the overly complicated crystal, cutting the notches, milling the spring pin holes, setting up the bezel so the markers line up correctly... Fitting the removable movement ring (will accommodate 240's with a 3 piece dial) and getting it to all work together.

Finishing touches, made dial 43mm, markers screw in lug bars, blasting and lightly aging the finish. It all came together to end up like this.

Thanks for taking a look, some of you guys got to see to see this while it was in progress, and I posted it on Instagram while I was making it, there has been some interest in doing a run of them in 47/50 mm, I'm up for it, if there is enough interest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Ah, I'd love to wear a rainbow every day,
And tell the world that everything's OK,
But I'll try to carry off a little darkness on my back,
'Till things are brighter, I'm the Man In Black."

http://www.homage-forum.com/viewtopic.php?t=27
Mike777
Watch Addict
Watch Addict

Post by Mike777 »

That’s the best EGI case that I have ever seen. Did you have a gen in hand to copy?
Hidden Impact
VIP
VIP

Post by Hidden Impact »

You know what would make this thread even better? An announcement a run of Egi cases are bound our way! THAT would make this thread better.

Yippee!

TUFF Stough
Centurion
Centurion

Post by TUFF Stough »

should we start making a list now?
Hidden Impact
VIP
VIP

Post by Hidden Impact »

I think we need to see what the magician has up his sleeves. What size, style, movement options, material, etc.

Aikidosan
VIP
VIP

Post by Aikidosan »

Joe The Magician most definitely has stuff up his sleeve. Crazy stuff that has never been seen.....that’s a promise. So, stay tuned...