Neckyzips update

NOTE: Joe is still catching up with pending work, so we advise to wait until everything is settled.

Parts design and fabrication

https://facebook.com/pages/category/Jew ... 968187295/
Yoda
Honorary moderator
Honorary moderator

Re: Neckyzips update

Post by Yoda »

4 years!?
Enviado desde mi fucking Samsung S8.
civic4982
VIP
VIP

Post by civic4982 »

Yoda wrote:4 years!?
Honestly, it might be 5 years at this point. I don’t remember precisely. It was when I was still living in SoCal.

Although they are beautiful the first prototype bezels had the pips that kept falling out. The little bezel indices would literally just fall off the main piece.

Joe was good enough to replace it when he got going with the more precise production as he was ramping up the big project.

He sent me one and although it was better it had two issues.
A) the small indices didn’t fall out as often. However the bezel as frequently slips off the crystal without notice. It was part of the design where the small ball that hangs it onto the crystal gets pushed in and doesn’t hold in place so then the bezel just falls off randomly.
B) it was shipped in a thick paper envelope and on receipt it already had a crack in it near a pressure point. I let him know of this issue right away on receipt.

Now years later I don’t even recall what year it was that it arrived to me. I know I was still living in SoCal so it was at least 3.5 and almost 4 years ago. In actuality it may be 5 years as I look back through my Instagram.

I was promised a replacement once he got going on the bezel project but then one thing after another occurred so I’m still hoping he does the production so I can get one for the person who bought my watch.

They’re lovely in appearance and hopefully the design flaws will be worked out soon.

This photo was from April 30th, 2016.

Yoda
Honorary moderator
Honorary moderator

Post by Yoda »

civic4982 wrote: August 30th, 2021, 12:59 pm
Yoda wrote:4 years!?
Honestly, it might be 5 years at this point. I don’t remember precisely. It was when I was still living in SoCal.

Although they are beautiful the first prototype bezels had the pips that kept falling out. The little bezel indices would literally just fall off the main piece.

Joe was good enough to replace it when he got going with the more precise production as he was ramping up the big project.

He sent me one and although it was better it had two issues.
A) the small indices didn’t fall out as often. However the bezel as frequently slips off the crystal without notice. It was part of the design where the small ball that hangs it onto the crystal gets pushed in and doesn’t hold in place so then the bezel just falls off randomly.
B) it was shipped in a thick paper envelope and on receipt it already had a crack in it near a pressure point. I let him know of this issue right away on receipt.

Now years later I don’t even recall what year it was that it arrived to me. I know I was still living in SoCal so it was at least 3.5 and almost 4 years ago. In actuality it may be 5 years as I look back through my Instagram.

I was promised a replacement once he got going on the bezel project but then one thing after another occurred so I’m still hoping he does the production so I can get one for the person who bought my watch.

They’re lovely in appearance and hopefully the design flaws will be worked out soon.

This photo was from April 30th, 2016.

Quite a waiting time!
neckyzips
Tinkerer
Tinkerer

Post by neckyzips »

EBWing wrote: August 30th, 2021, 11:15 am
civic4982 wrote: August 30th, 2021, 10:20 am
neckyzips wrote:hey guys, Ash's mom died a bit ago, we have been traveling back and forth so much of late, with her parents and what's left of my family i'm exhausted. this month is trashed, but next month should have a better outlook. we will still be doing some traveling but should slow down a bunch now and flatten out for a while.
the lathe cross slide... wtf! i have 2 in house now, not to mention the 2 they screwed up so bad they wouldn't even send out. the last one is at least better, but will require some serious fitting and about 3mm taken off the dove tail to make it work. so hopefully that can be sorted asap and be back up and going again. anyway, just wanted to touch base, some jobs like engraving etc are moving through the shop, the larger projects should start coming out next month, as well as the runs of items that have been in wait.
Any news on the bezel 6152/1 project?

I’m still hoping for that replacement one and I think we are going on 4 years now.

Thanks
Yes any updates on the bezel?

working on them, main ring is made and all those little pips are made, working on the lume dot now. tails that were added to the pips to aid in production are a bitch to take care of now; and the issues civ mentioned are also trying to be resolved, but inherently the design from pam was fragile too, maybe why not so many survived. anyway, yep they are in process, so sorry guys i know some of you have lost your faith, sorry about that but if you hang in there i feel the end of the last few years bs is clearing.
td64
VIP
VIP

Post by td64 »

Thanks for the update Joe! I hope the project will be finished soon [emoji106] All best wishes! [emoji120]
neckyzips
Tinkerer
Tinkerer

Post by neckyzips »

Hey guys!
Happy holidays!

Just an update, the good first, my back is much better, well tons better than it was, i do have to go back for a small surgery, but am assured its no big deal, i hope that's true.

The bad, i now have 3 estates to settle! This is getting old fast! That has been keeping me busy back home. Between the family and the lawyers and a frivolous lawsuit I'm fairly drained! I so hope this new year brings some peace back to life.

No I haven't forgotten about you guys, and i know lots of you are eager to get your projects back i will get them all done as fast as i can.

I hope you guys are doing well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yoda
Honorary moderator
Honorary moderator

Post by Yoda »

neckyzips wrote: December 17th, 2021, 12:04 pm Hey guys!
Happy holidays!

Just an update, the good first, my back is much better, well tons better than it was, i do have to go back for a small surgery, but am assured its no big deal, i hope that's true.

The bad, i now have 3 estates to settle! This is getting old fast! That has been keeping me busy back home. Between the family and the lawyers and a frivolous lawsuit I'm fairly drained! I so hope this new year brings some peace back to life.

No I haven't forgotten about you guys, and i know lots of you are eager to get your projects back i will get them all done as fast as i can.

I hope you guys are doing well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good to hear, I wish you good luck with everything!
neckyzips
Tinkerer
Tinkerer

Post by neckyzips »

hey guys, i need to get better about staying in touch, you guys can reach out too if you have a question etc.
things are starting to go back to some form of normal before all this BS. i will be able to spend some more time in the shop here shortly which will propel this backlog along. i am very eager to get this out of my way and move forward with more fun projects. My back is still a mess but i am able to move around more and except for only having half a left leg its doing pretty good. so things are looking good for hopefully getting the house in a livable state and getting out of the camper. luckly i have a wonderful girl that has been very understanding, i wouldn't have stayed with me in a camper for 4 years... anyway, i hope you guys are doing well, so sorry for the delays.
Emilio
Doom Slayer
Doom Slayer

Post by Emilio »

I would like to add that there was a problem with the notification system and @neckyzips didn't receive any for the past months.
focus_xyx
Super Lost Sheep
Super Lost Sheep

Post by focus_xyx »

looking forward one[emoji7]
best wishes