Formerly Orange Watch Co - MilSubs and more, in the spirit of the originals

email: foxint@foxint.com.au
foxint@foxint.com.au
Sponsor
Sponsor

2018-04-25 Hitting the Quality Ceiling:

Post by foxint@foxint.com.au »

Hi Everyone…

Progress on the new watch is slow. We are busting the Quality Ceiling and moving head to head with the likes of Hermes, Parmigiani and Jaeger-LeCoultre. This is a challenge especially with some of my component makers.

My firm opinion is that paying far too much does not guarantee quality. With this mantra I have gone back to my suppliers and asked them to make better. The new Dress watch is less complex than the diver and in my (twisted) mind is easier to build, hence they can spend more time and more care to make better.

The current case is good. My cases are far better than many cases in the USD3,000 to 7,000 range. Some say that an OWC case is better than a Rolex – sacrilege…

But asking them to make better: has just led to more money and more volume. “We make very good, but we need more cases”. The struggle begins, and the war continues to change their mentality: that all gweilo (鬼佬) want low price and average quality. Even with my excellent case maker I am hitting the Quality Ceiling. They really do not understand why I want more quality and less volume – this is like asking a French person: Do you want fries with that?

This means the new watch will take longer.

I will not compromise. The new case will be better, this is not negotiable. To this end, I am asking professional case makers in: Germany; Switzerland; China; and Japan. I have confidence that they will make better than the current case – they can, and they will – or I will not use them.

In my twisted mind, I want the Asians to walk all over the Europeans. But it will be an empirical investigation and the best quality/value proposition will be chosen. Aside from my own opinion, I will send the cases to Daz in unmarked packets and he can make an unbiased assessment.

It will take time, so accept my apologies. In the meantime, please consider the current range as is still better than anything at the price point and higher. OWC continues to punch above its weight. Please tell the world as my marketing skills are rubbish.

Just to recap: the new movement will be a VMF with micro rotor; the case will be the OWC modified Super Compressor; it will be a dress watch with fixed bezel, (new) oyster bracelet and leather band; Torx screws; screw bars everywhere; sapphire crystal; screw down crown. I will have to balance engineering, higher than average WR with a sense of elegance. There will be no mistake, it will have an Orange flavour and will be built like a “brick shithouse” (Australian for can’t kill the bitch).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Met vriendelijke groeten / With best regards
Daan/Dan
foxint@foxint.com.au
blueradish
Sponsor
Sponsor

Re: 2018-04-25 Hitting the Quality Ceiling:

Post by blueradish »

...and this is why you and your watches are well respected and fantastic. Love my OWC Diver
Click the banner below to go to my Strap Gallery

Twitter - @BlueRadishStrap
Instagram - @blueradishstraps
Facebook - @blueradishstraps
daevildog

Post by daevildog »

Very exciting... own 2 OWCs, looks like I'm getting another one.
Tanukjaju
Village Whore
Village Whore

Post by Tanukjaju »

Having had the opportunity to handle your watches from the earlier versions to the one 2 years ago, I have to say that your cases have made leaps and bounds and definitely stands out in a crowded industry. It’s imo more refined that mid price watch brands. The attention to details and your bracelets and screw system is :thumbup:

I unfortunately haven’t spent much time with modern rolexes or omegas to be able to make a meaningful comparisons but is definitely is a notch or 2 above watches in the sameness price range.
:shifty:

foxint@foxint.com.au
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by foxint@foxint.com.au »

Thanks. This makes the journey worth it....Thank you.
Met vriendelijke groeten / With best regards
Daan/Dan
foxint@foxint.com.au
Alou
VIP
VIP

Post by Alou »

Super !Keep as informed on this! I am very interested in this and possible grab one in the future ,always wanted to try a microrotor
since i saw a Universal Geneve that had one!
Mellons
Chief bottle washer
Chief bottle washer

Post by Mellons »

Tanukjaju wrote: April 24th, 2018, 8:27 pm Having had the opportunity to handle your watches from the earlier versions to the one 2 years ago, I have to say that your cases have made leaps and bounds and definitely stands out in a crowded industry. It’s imo more refined that mid price watch brands. The attention to details and your bracelets and screw system is :thumbup:

I unfortunately haven’t spent much time with modern rolexes or omegas to be able to make a meaningful comparisons but is definitely is a notch or 2 above watches in the sameness price range.
Would be interesting to see comparo!
"Ah, I'd love to wear a rainbow every day,
And tell the world that everything's OK,
But I'll try to carry off a little darkness on my back,
'Till things are brighter, I'm the Man In Black."

http://www.homage-forum.com/viewtopic.php?t=27
aris.dayton

Post by aris.dayton »

that's one beautiful engine! cant wait for the face of the watch
.................................................................................
6497 Dis/Assembly: https://www.eta.ch/swisslab/6497/6947.html