Sponsor

Prolific poster

HF veteran

Strap maker

Welcome to my corner of H-F - an introduction

Post by straps68 »

Welcome

A few words about what it is that I do:

I have been making watch straps since 2010 and over the years have gotten pretty good at it if I may say so myself. Several years ago I started making buckles as well. I have also built a few watches and restored/serviced many pocket watch movements over the years.

My special focus has always been Panerai straps. 90 per cent of all straps that I have ever made were 24mm at the lugs but I have made straps of all sizes, even as narrow as 10mm.

My straps are 100% handcrafted and hand sewn. I mostly use vegetable tanned leather that I dye myself, sometimes in pieces large enough for several straps, sometimes one strap at a time. From time to time I use other leathers for certain straps, such as old ammo type leather or ultra soft sheepskin for liners.

Some time ago I started making canvas/leather straps utilizing fabric from vintage army ammo bags, which have been very popular with my customers.

I always build straps to very high standards to ensure perfect look, fit and comfort, while paying attention to even the smallest details.

My buckles are all hand finished with just hand tools, i.e. files and sandpaper and so just like the straps each one is a little different.

My perpetual strap thread: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=201

And my buckle thread: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=202

SL 800.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.