UK armed forces hires Casio as official watch supplier of the British Armed Forces.

Electronic watches, vintage and new.
Alou
VIP
VIP

UK armed forces hires Casio as official watch supplier of the British Armed Forces.

Post by Alou »

https://www.watchtime.com/wristwatch-in ... dium=email

https://g-shock.co.uk/mod

Retail price for the consumer not the Armed forces is around $460 ,which for me is a bit pricey for a Casio,i even so lately a
metal bracelet Casio that is new at retail of $2500 ........
Thrasher
Watch Idiot
Watch Idiot

Re: UK armed forces hires Casio as official watch supplier of the British Armed Forces.

Post by Thrasher »

I like it but I definitely dont want it.
Emilio
Doom Slayer
Doom Slayer

Re: UK armed forces hires Casio as official watch supplier of the British Armed Forces.

Post by Emilio »

Nice watch but I prefer my issued 6600

ImageImageImage
jbglock
Centurion
Centurion

Post by jbglock »

I don't get it. Seems like an unnecessary expensive model compared to other G Shocks that are every bit as tough.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Emilio
Doom Slayer
Doom Slayer

Post by Emilio »

jbglock wrote:I don't get it. Seems like an unnecessary expensive model compared to other G Shocks that are every bit as tough.

When something is issued, it becomes automatically expensive since the government is paying for it. [emoji28]
Mellons
Chief bottle washer
Chief bottle washer

Post by Mellons »

What is casio of choice for normal watch enthusiasts?
"Ah, I'd love to wear a rainbow every day,
And tell the world that everything's OK,
But I'll try to carry off a little darkness on my back,
'Till things are brighter, I'm the Man In Black."

http://www.homage-forum.com/viewtopic.php?t=27
Alou
VIP
VIP

Post by Alou »

Well i guess this is a retail version "hommage" of the military version ,still i find Casio prices to the extreme these days ,go check out their webstore ,some models sell for 2500 euros!!
I Have a Casio from 1980 that my Father purchased as gift back then,still have it though somewere,only the hard plastic strap (no rubber back then) is damaged ,i renumber paying a very little amount for new even back then.
So i don't understand Casio policy ,you can even buy a totally professional military Grade Sundo or Garmin for much much less.
jbglock
Centurion
Centurion

Post by jbglock »

Mellons wrote:What is casio of choice for normal watch enthusiasts?
I still have quite a few G Shocks. The first to get imo is the DW-5600. Extremely shock resistant, durable, 200m wr, and easy to find brand new for $50 or less.

Mellons
Chief bottle washer
Chief bottle washer

Post by Mellons »

Excellent- havent looked at digital in years!
"Ah, I'd love to wear a rainbow every day,
And tell the world that everything's OK,
But I'll try to carry off a little darkness on my back,
'Till things are brighter, I'm the Man In Black."

http://www.homage-forum.com/viewtopic.php?t=27
Alou
VIP
VIP

Post by Alou »

I am not into digital since 1985 ,still these if i would get a digital i would get a rugged smartwatch.