Message from Gordon RE: Retirement & Store...

Just joined? Tell us about yourself
Yoda
Honorary moderator
Honorary moderator

Re: Message from Gordon RE: Retirement & Store...

Post by Yoda »

Health comes first!
Enviado desde mi fucking Samsung S8.
kilowattore
VIP
VIP

Post by kilowattore »

I remember someone called him "a gentleman and a scholar", I think this definition fits Gordon pretty well, at least from the small bits I got to know of him. I was expecting his retirement so no real surprise for me, yet the sense of loss remains. But health comes first and when your family is in need you have to be there no questions. Good luck Gordon.
Mellons
Chief bottle washer
Chief bottle washer

Post by Mellons »

NortON wrote: October 8th, 2021, 11:26 am
Emilio wrote: October 8th, 2021, 11:23 am @atkin68 +1

I hope his wife gets well
+2
+1 best wishes gordon
"Ah, I'd love to wear a rainbow every day,
And tell the world that everything's OK,
But I'll try to carry off a little darkness on my back,
'Till things are brighter, I'm the Man In Black."

http://www.homage-forum.com/viewtopic.php?t=27
daevildog

Post by daevildog »

Hoping his wife makes a quick recovery.... best wishes to his entire family.
blueradish
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by blueradish »

Our suppliers are slowly disappearing. Thankful they gave us the ability to make all of our builds but really sad it is becoming damn near impossible to make grails.
Click the banner below to go to my Strap Gallery

Twitter - @BlueRadishStrap
Instagram - @blueradishstraps
Facebook - @blueradishstraps
atkin68
Watch Addict
Watch Addict

Post by atkin68 »

blueradish wrote: October 8th, 2021, 9:05 pm Our suppliers are slowly disappearing. Thankful they gave us the ability to make all of our builds but really sad it is becoming damn near impossible to make grails.
My exact observation, on a watch-building level, around this situation with Gordon and other trends lately. I wish the timing had been a little better for me. When my kids were small, life was too full for really diving into this hobby - but that was seemingly the golden age of this particular niche. I got a couple parts from Gordon way back then, but ruined them cause I had no proper tools nor any idea how to work on watches. Now, I'm just beginning to reach a level of skill and tooling to do decent work, but the suppliers are waning. But like you say J, grateful to have overlapped at least for a while with Gordon and others.

D
NNS
Centurion
Centurion

Post by NNS »

blueradish wrote: October 8th, 2021, 9:05 pm Our suppliers are slowly disappearing. Thankful they gave us the ability to make all of our builds but really sad it is becoming damn near impossible to make grails.
This is really sad for anyone like me. I knew about Pam homage in WUS about 10 years ago, but studying, family, money...all of them took me so far, and now, when I can comeback to this hobby, many people retired. Some still online, some just disappeared. And I can only see many great builds through photos in this forum.
kilowattore
VIP
VIP

Post by kilowattore »

What's lacking is just some enthusiasm and will. We now have some great new parts maker but don't advertise them ever. I'm thinking of the case backs I got from Kp0y or the 036 dial I Belkin12 do: these are high quality parts made with passion and expertise. We need to have rebuild compatibility list with currently available case sets (aliexpress for 6152 and getat or similar for Luminor) and we'll be ready for really great builds. Think about it, if we show interest and buy parts market will follow.
Sorry for the OT
Mike08
Watch Idiot
Watch Idiot

Post by Mike08 »

Gordon is the best in this business and i wish him and his family a great future!
NW 6152 is incomparable with anything else...

The best thing for us and for Gordon is to buy all of his stock left!
Yoda
Honorary moderator
Honorary moderator

Post by Yoda »

kilowattore wrote: October 9th, 2021, 2:06 am What's lacking is just some enthusiasm and will. We now have some great new parts maker but don't advertise them ever. I'm thinking of the case backs I got from Kp0y or the 036 dial I Belkin12 do: these are high quality parts made with passion and expertise. We need to have rebuild compatibility list with currently available case sets (aliexpress for 6152 and getat or similar for Luminor) and we'll be ready for really great builds. Think about it, if we show interest and buy parts market will follow.
Sorry for the OT
+1, we'll have to seek elsewhere, Athaya, Belkin12, Kp0y to begin with, and there are many others out there. I am sure that we can work something out.
Enviado desde mi fucking Samsung S8.