It’s been 12 years!

Just joined? Tell us about yourself
Yoda
Honorary moderator
Honorary moderator

Re: It’s been 12 years!

Post by Yoda »

Tanukjaju wrote: March 15th, 2022, 7:01 am
TimeLost wrote: March 14th, 2022, 9:46 pm Hi, what type of paint did you use for the bezel? Enamel or watch specific paint? Thanks
Enamel. Now you have me curious on other kinds of paint!
Yoda wrote: March 15th, 2022, 4:27 am

Indeed, 12 years.....time flies.

So you came to HFv1 in March, I joined in June when I searched for a staff for a Longines calibre 21 from 1873.
I stumbled in and commented on this and that, also offered my help from day one, both advice and hands on help.
You have created a lot of creative watches over the years, I can't do anything less than admire the thoughts and creativity behind those builds.
We have seen a few other amazing watches over the years and a few of those members are not here now.
We have come a long way since then, the natural way of life.
Yep, I remember the stress I used to feel about cutting a stem 🤣 and am thankful there was a watchmaker on board. You worked on my first 240…and many after. You were the enabler. Then you taught me some basics… enough for me to try servicing my first 649x. Then your best advice. Buy the right tool for the job. My wife doesn’t appreciate you but I do :lol:

Didn’t you do a GTG with Pompe once? I remember he came back feeling like a pro watchmaker after that…. Giving advice like this.

https://youtu.be/OFVIuI4KzK0

…….classic and a goodie. This always makes me smile. For those that didn’t know Pompe, he used to treat minichat like a bar, he once said, I can go to a bar and drink with strangers or I can hang here with my friends and drink. We could always tell when he was 6-7 beers in. Happy that he found a GF and is sober. Cheers to one of the fun guys.
Happy to hear that I have been a help in some ways!

Tell your wife I said hello!

Oh yes, we met once at a GTG in central Stockholm, Dow, Pompe, McRae, yours truly and two more who are not here on a regular basis these days.

The year after we had another GTG in private, we were 6 nerds there and then.

Since then I have been in contact with at least three of the guys, but I have lost Dow and McRae.

The remaining members and I do chat and text each other from time to time, but it seems that I am the one who must start every time and I have been out of energy for a while now. Still, I think about them now and then.
Enviado desde mi fucking Samsung S8.
hako

Re: It’s been 12 years!

Post by hako »

Your post made me recall when I joined in 2013 or 2014.
It was actually you who introduced me to River what effected in my first build a true blood 3646.

Cheers 🥂🎊
====================================
Da builds: http://homage-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=59#p101
====================================