2022-04-01: New OWC Pen lives, 12-year anniversary of the family company, I finish some woodwork

Formerly Orange Watch Co - MilSubs and more, in the spirit of the originals

email: foxint@foxint.com.au
foxint@foxint.com.au
Sponsor
Sponsor

Re: 2022-04-01: New OWC Pen lives, 12-year anniversary of the family company, I finish some woodwork

Post by foxint@foxint.com.au »

Emilio - Thanks mate. You and Lou have been fantastic.

Thank you!
Met vriendelijke groeten / With best regards
Daan/Dan
foxint@foxint.com.au
Obscuranocte
Tinkerer
Tinkerer

Re: 2022-04-01: New OWC Pen lives, 12-year anniversary of the family company, I finish some woodwork

Post by Obscuranocte »

Waiting
Non nisi ab obscura nocte sidera micant
Yoda
Honorary moderator
Honorary moderator

Post by Yoda »

Emilio wrote: October 7th, 2022, 4:03 pm @foxint@foxint.com.au

The national postal service of Spain is open on afternoons once again (they reduced the working hours during summer) so I will be able to get the packages shipped :)

@all

expect a pm from me if you have ordered a pen and live in the EU
No problem, thank you for the update.
Enviado desde mi fucking Samsung S8.
Obscuranocte
Tinkerer
Tinkerer

Post by Obscuranocte »

Hi guys
Pens are with me.
They look Amazing
Thnx Emilio for making It possible.
@Dan
Keep tough
foxint@foxint.com.au
Sponsor
Sponsor

Great news.

I am glad you like the pen.

Slow and steady. Almost at my 3 year since my wife told me she hated me and was cheating on me. Nice to be remembered on my birthday - yeah she told me on my birthday...nice.

House goes on the market in January. We sell I: give her most of my money and I leave for a town with no wife. Just my dog, my car and my watches..perfect.

I am trying to get my mojo back. I am designing a Dress Watch. Got a reply from the case maker, they are still willing to work with me.

Let me know what you think.

(I wanted to do a chronograph, but movement choice was hard. I wanted the Seagull ST1901/1940, but China bashing remains alive and well and I think it would be a bad move).
Daan/Dan
foxint@foxint.com.au
Obscuranocte
Tinkerer
Tinkerer

Post by Obscuranocte »

You Will make It Dan
May the force be with you ;)
kilowattore
VIP
VIP

Post by kilowattore »

My pen arrived today, I love it. Weight, design, comfort, I really like how it turned out.
Keep up the good work Dan and never think about bad stuff anymore, your dog is more than you need and will give you his life without asking for anything in return.
Dress watch could be an interesting project, curious to see what you come up with :thumbup:
kilowattore
VIP
VIP

Post by kilowattore »

Oh, and thanks @Emilio for taking care of shipping it of course :)
foxint@foxint.com.au
Sponsor
Sponsor

Thank you.

Packing up and putting my life on hold until the house sells is an interesting process.

I have started the process of designing the Dress Watch, that I will call the BT – Black Tie.

Like all good people with OCD and ASD, I started with the movement and work out. When the engineering is right, the design falls into place.

Please remember that it always takes far longer than we all want.
Daan/Dan
foxint@foxint.com.au
manodeoro
Centurion
Centurion

Post by manodeoro »

Hi Dan,

I just stumble on your thread today and I'm speechless.
OMG !!! it seems you went to sleep with someone you thought was a woman and woke up in the clutches of a witch ... it reminds me what I've been through for 3 long years.
I hope you won't mind if I share the lesson I learned from this experience.

Descent into hell:
Late 2015, right around my 56th birthday, my wife decided she hated me and started an "extramarital affair" ... to make it short she fucked somewhere else.
I didn't realize this until a few months later, in February 2016, just as I was being diagnosed with a degenerative disease that would likely land me in a wheelchair.
So I went from "happily married ultra-distance runner" to "soon-to-be-paraplegic cuckold" in a few months.
And the ordeal lasted 3 years ...
3 years to fight against the disease and gradually regain the upper hand ...
3 years of trying, first, to win back my wife, then to detach myself from her to start a separation that had all the makings of a K1 fight.

Learn to live alone :
At the end of 2018 I moved and started to breathe again ... I was alone but relieved to no longer suffer my ex-wife ... and to exist a little ... I slowly started to run again, first 100 or 200 meters only, then 1 kilometer and so on.
It took me a year to pick up the pieces of my body and soul and put it all back together.

Revival ... almost rebirth :
Late 2019, just before my 60th birthday, I met a lovely woman who brought sunshine back into my life.
I had a little trouble believing this was true, after all those years of hardship.
I also hesitated because she was much younger than me ... 45 years old only ... and I could not believe that she could have fallen in love with me.
But well ... it was not my money that attracted her since she was much richer than me.
So I ended up saying to myself that it may be what it seemed to be ... an unexpected and improbable mutual love at first sight.

New happiness:
3 years later we are still in love and living together.
My sons (who are grown adults) and her kids (who live with us part time) get along very well.
And the icing in the cake ... 3 weeks ago we ran a 25 km night trail together and we crossed the finish line hand in hand.

I'm sorry for being so long and I'll stop my story here.
I just wanted to tell you how a terrible misfortune sometimes generates an immense happiness.
Hold fast ... your chance is ahead of you.

Wish you the best of the best.
Charles