Nick_B
Centurion
Centurion

5 year veteran

Frequent Flyer

Re: Two grails - their time has come

Post by Nick_B »

@madasboot
I know that 1630usd is not the same as 1800usd, but can I ask your opinion on it?
Since I notice that you have pulled the sale and I can't therefore be crapping your sales thread...

It's a nice build but overpriced. $1200 tops.
rustyscoot
Centurion
Centurion

Frequent Flyer

Post by rustyscoot »

Nick_B wrote: October 27th, 2022, 12:08 pm @madasboot
I know that 1630usd is not the same as 1800usd, but can I ask your opinion on it?
Since I notice that you have pulled the sale and I can't therefore be crapping your sales thread...

I reckon I could build something very similar for £600.
geoffdragon
Tinkerer
Tinkerer

Frequent Flyer

Post by geoffdragon »

When I choose a seller remarks like this make me very dubious,
"I will ship by Fedex and costs are for the buyer and once out of the country I will not be responsible for loss, customs harassment etc."

If there is a loss, I would expect the seller to help with any claim against the delivery company.

Madasboot, I hope you continue to enjoy your timepieces, whichever movements they have inside them.
jrlmsla
VIP
VIP

Microbrand guru

5 year veteran

Frequent Flyer

VIP

HF veteran

Post by jrlmsla »

This reminds me of some of the sales thread over on RWG! All we need is a nuke gif.
Oh wait.
Got it
madasboot
Tinkerer
Tinkerer

Frequent Flyer

VIP

Post by madasboot »

Hi @Nick_B,
Thank you for the compliment on the builds.
As for the 1200usd i understand in a buyers point of view; in mine i would not let go for under the cost, in loss i prefer to keep it.
Best
M.
madasboot
Tinkerer
Tinkerer

Frequent Flyer

VIP

Post by madasboot »

geoffdragon wrote: October 27th, 2022, 1:20 pm
When I choose a seller remarks like this make me very dubious,
"I will ship by Fedex and costs are for the buyer and once out of the country I will not be responsible for loss, customs harassment etc."

If there is a loss, I would expect the seller to help with any claim against the delivery company.

Madasboot, I hope you continue to enjoy your timepieces, whichever movements they have inside them.
@geoffdragon
I stated that i would not be responsible for that, not meaning I would not do anything without my reach to solve or help solving an issue; in my pov that would be unethical.
Anyway, I guess I would not buy anything without contacting the seller even if to ask for more information or on the business outlines so I do not see anything that could make an interested buyer dubious.
Then I can also give my references to anyone who asks and there are people who know me from here, from other forums that can tell anyone references about myself.
That said, I thank you for your remark and will consider it next time - if there is a next time.
Best
M.
Last edited by madasboot on October 28th, 2022, 3:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
madasboot
Tinkerer
Tinkerer

Frequent Flyer

VIP

Post by madasboot »

rustyscoot wrote: October 27th, 2022, 12:32 pm

I reckon I could build something very similar for £600.
@rustyscoot
Well, I usually do not entertain this kind of remarks but I reckon you can build something for even less than 600 pounds… it is just a matter of defining similitude…
After all is what most people look for in an homage.
My humble suggestion is for you to define what similar means and then not trying to do similar to mine but to an original watch.
Today it is easy for you to access all the parts needed and all, or almost all, the data and knowledge about vintage op models.
However you should be thankful for the people who made it possible for it to happen, because 15 or 20 years ago you would not be going anywhere near nowhere.
That said, I wish you nice and cheapest as possible builds, just be careful not to shake too much or shower with them on your wrist ;)
Aikidosan
VIP
VIP

Sasquatch

Mini Chat Squatter

I'm hot

MM perv

5 year veteran

Frequent Flyer

VIP

Prolific poster

HF veteran

Good neighbour

Post by Aikidosan »

This should've turned into a "How to Build Thread" of some sort once it surpassed 40 replies :lol:
madasboot
Tinkerer
Tinkerer

Frequent Flyer

VIP

Post by madasboot »

Aikidosan wrote: October 28th, 2022, 6:48 am This should've turned into a "How to Build Thread" of some sort once it surpassed 40 replies :lol:
@Aikidosan
ahahah… so true!
It has more thread than Gordon’s retirement post!
I have to tell him this one; he will laugh a lot!

But when I have the time I will transfer my posts in RWG with the story and stories of each of the builds, started back around 2007.
Or in alternative I can share some more recent stuff, mostly vintage oysters…
Vintage italiano, like expresso, no longer comfortable…
My old watchsmith called them clocks in dog collars.
That is the reason why decided to sell before this turned out into a grand guignol… :)
Best
M.
madasboot
Tinkerer
Tinkerer

Frequent Flyer

VIP

Re: Two grails - withdrawn

Post by madasboot »

Now that the sales is over, and dust (seems to) have settled, I could even share more on this:
CEDAD52C-BD5E-436D-9E53-A84EAFE9B3C3.jpeg
or this:
03C8CC35-BB38-44F7-92EB-129374EFB613.jpeg
but i am not sure if it is the right place…
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.