New guy here

Just joined? Tell us about yourself
Rotorua
Centurion
Centurion

Re: New guy here

Post by Rotorua »

Emilio wrote: July 29th, 2018, 6:54 pm
We had to create a new forum as a back up of the old one since we lost control over the login and sign up system.

That happened because the administrator of the previous forum is missing.
Assuming I didn't misunderstand you, that's at the same time terrible and mysterious. It's like not being able to get into the Library of Congress because the only one guy with the keys has gone AWOL. I hope he's "spending a lot of time with the family and not caring about the world"-missing, and not "face on the milk carton"-missing.

I'm looking forward to great conversations here.
"Morituri te salutant" Gladiators
"Morituri Nolumus Mori" Smart Gladiators
Tanukjaju
Village Whore
Village Whore

Car lover

I'm hot

Animal

5 year veteran

Frequent Flyer

VIP

Prolific poster

HF veteran

Skillful builder

8 giorni nut

Good neighbour

Post by Tanukjaju »

Welcome aboard. Don’t make [mention]Yoda[/mention] pull out his light saber. 🤭
:shifty:

esdee
VIP
VIP

MM perv

5 year veteran

Frequent Flyer

VIP

HF veteran

Italiano addict

Skillful builder

Post by esdee »

Welcome aboard.
You came here for the watches but the people are gonna win you. Clean your desk get your tools out!
Rotorua
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Rotorua »

Tanukjaju wrote: July 29th, 2018, 9:20 pm Welcome aboard. Don’t make @Yoda pull out his light saber. 🤭
I stopped myself in the very last moment. Even a dad like me, with all the dad jokes, needs to sense when he’s about to create a disturbance in the force. I can still control my dark side.
Rotorua
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Rotorua »

esdee wrote: July 29th, 2018, 10:58 pm Welcome aboard.
You came here for the watches but the people are gonna win you. Clean your desk get your tools out!
You know, i noticed that when i was reading threads on the old board. Especially about Yoda volunteering in the children’s hospital - that takes selflessness and a kind heart, and I look up to that. It gives me a good outlook on folks visiting this forum, I was seriously impressed.

My desk is always clean, but that’s mostly because my two year old is very particular about his father’s belongings fitting better on the floor. We now live as if we’re expecting a flood to hit us any moment - everything is 2-3 ft above ground (60,96 - 91,44cm). :mrgreen:
TimemiT
Scoundrel
Scoundrel

Scoundrel

5 year veteran

Frequent Flyer

VIP

Prolific poster

HF veteran

8 giorni nut

Post by TimemiT »

Welcome ....

The additction for me starts here ... http://www.homage-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=569

in between ... there are lots of great men ... some like of NW, Neckyzips and a master guy we call "The Chilean" that have contributed and posted ... and I'm still learn ... there is "Dave the Dial master" ... which I will be visiting soon for another build ...

And after close to 2 years .... it ends here ... with a masterpiece like this .... http://www.homage-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=566
Alpacalypse Now
Rotorua
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Rotorua »

TimemiT wrote: July 30th, 2018, 7:04 pm Welcome ....

The additction for me starts here ... http://www.homage-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=569

in between ... there are lots of great men ... some like of NW, Neckyzips and a master guy we call "The Chilean" that have contributed and posted ... and I'm still learn ... there is "Dave the Dial master" ... which I will be visiting soon for another build ...

And after close to 2 years .... it ends here ... with a masterpiece like this .... http://www.homage-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=566
Thanks man, thats a great amount of information and names you gave me. And by the way, absolutely incredible work on your build, what an inspiration :clap:! That makes me just more excited to finally start with one myself! For now, I have ordered a cheap Parnis Flieger from Amazon, i want to try to age that case and the dial a bit. I figured, it was only 60$, worst of all cases its unusable and I keep the A6294. I read somewhere (maybe on this forum?) that the A6294 in the Parnis are not lubricated at all, so it would not be running much longer than a few years anyway.