Watch Idiot

5 year veteran

Frequent Flyer

Prolific poster

Mad scientist

Le Coultre mechaquartz 631

Post by bmsm »

Hello everyone,

Know someone that is selling an IWC IW3740. It’s a pilot chrono with a LeCoultre movement caliber 631 developed by JLC and shared with IWC.

I’ve no problem with quartz watches but this one was developed in the 80’s and my guest is that parts are rare and expensive. I also know for a fact the watch was serviced last week at a friends workshop and that’s the reason I know it is for sale. So not expecting much of issues for next couple of years. Tag price is pretty good around 1000€.

Does anyone here have experience and knowledge about this calibre and how reliable it is?

Thanks
Yoda
Honorary moderator
Honorary moderator

Mini Chat Squatter

Car lover

Bike lover

Knife maker

Animal

5 year veteran

Frequent Flyer

VIP

Prolific poster

HF veteran

Watchmaker

Good neighbour

Re: Le Coultre mechaquartz 631

Post by Yoda »

The 631 Mecaquartz is a pretty complicated movement with the quartz part powering the mechanical chronograph. As far as I know it is/was used in all of the chronographs in the IW37XX-XX series such as the Portofino to mention one.
Pretty reliable workhorse, parts are still available though it may be hard to buy parts if you are not a dealer/watchmaker.
Enviado desde mi fucking Samsung S8.
bmsm
Watch Idiot
Watch Idiot

5 year veteran

Frequent Flyer

Prolific poster

Mad scientist

Re: Le Coultre mechaquartz 631

Post by bmsm »

Yoda wrote:The 631 Mecaquartz is a pretty complicated movement with the quartz part powering the mechanical chronograph. As far as I know it is/was used in all of the chronographs in the IW37XX-XX series such as the Portofino to mention one.
Pretty reliable workhorse, parts are still available though it may be hard to buy parts if you are not a dealer/watchmaker.
Thank you my friend