Sponsor

Frequent Flyer

VIP

Sponsor

HF veteran

I am Dan from Orange Watch Company - OWC

Post by foxint@foxint.com.au »

Hi Guys

Looks like we have a new Forum – great. I am not sure what happened to the old one…but I am an OLD DOG learning a NEW TRICK….

I am Dan Fock I am OWC or Orange Watch Company…. I live in Orange NSW Australia. A small regional centre in the middle of the bush. We have no permanent water supply, shit internet, highest council rates in Australia, expensive electricity and gas, it is a cultural, intellectual and professional wasteland. (Buying a house is cheap, but everything else is not). I am all for buying local, but when the local businesses stick it to you…makes no economic sense.

It sucks, but my wife is an Orange girl and has family here and we have 3 daughters under 15 years old and we wanted them to grow up in a (reasonably) safe environment. Makes it all worthwhile and there is no traffic…. Orange is named after Willem of Orange (the Dutch Prince who became King of England), I am from Dutch roots and Orange is the national colour of the Netherlands…perfect.

I am a grumpy old fart who is now sick and tired of corrupt politics and political correctness, but I hope to make a difference for my girls – I call them the Kinderfocken. I was ostracised and traumatised by a teacher as a child for not speaking English and hence can be a little strange.

I also run a small accounting practice with all my clients out of Orange – makes sense since I am on the autism spectrum, have OCD and am disassociated withdraw, I work well alone. When the odd client drops by, this makes me very agitated. So, the internet is perfect for me.

I am an overzealous watch collector with over 2,000 (mainly Enicar and Eterna) and have a few hundred clocks (mainly Zenith). I have stolen my wife’s label maker and all things are labelled and catalogued (excel and on my accounting software). I am a little geek and have built all my 5 PC’s.

Saying that I am not good with phones. I love value and hence I have a Samsung Note (not an I-phone).

I love small Italian cars, having more than 40 cars: FIAT (850, 500, 124, 125 Spyder) Lancia (Fulvia, Beta) Alfa (GTV 1750, 2000). There were a few moments of madness, when I owned a Mercedes Benz 280 TE, 280 CE (that I gave to Dad as his Jag was costing him too much) 190E 2.6, Volvo 960 Estate, Honda City, Civic and a Daihatsu Handi Van – it was handy. Although the school run, and the country mechanics have dictated my move to a Golf and a Camry V6 (it had to be the V6).

2017 was a bad year for me. I was in a bad physical and head space and basically had my head up my bottom and avoided the world. Hoping 2018 will be better and I will try to interact with the world more. I decided to be practical and sold my 1971 Porsche 911 and bought a more practical car - a Porsche 928 – a far more practical car and I can take all 3 Kinderfocken (and their bags) to school.

Hope to meet some good people – thank you for reading.
Met vriendelijke groeten / With best regards
Daan/Dan
foxint@foxint.com.au
Yoda
Honorary moderator
Honorary moderator

Mini Chat Squatter

Car lover

Bike lover

Knife maker

Animal

5 year veteran

Frequent Flyer

VIP

Prolific poster

HF veteran

Watchmaker

Good neighbour

Re: I am Dan from Orange Watch Company - OWC

Post by Yoda »

Nice to read and learn some more about you and your OWC, welcome to the new H-F Dan,

I will keep my fingers crossed that 2018 will be better than 2017.
Enviado desde mi fucking Samsung S8.
Abarth
VIP
VIP

I'm hot

VIP

HF veteran

Post by Abarth »

Hi Dan, you old fart! Very interesting insight of you and your world. I do share your love for Italian cars, just sold a PF bodied FIAT 1500 Cabrio at auction a couple of years back in America's Auction in Santa Monica. This was the 4th FIAT, the others where 2 each FIAT ABARTH 750s and a 2 litre PF Dino Spyder. I've also had Jags, a XJ V12L and a XK convertible, a Bertone Coupe 780 Volvo, Nissan 3 litre TT Z, 2 Porsche's - 924 Carrera and a 912. My current ride is a SAAB 2.8 litre twin scroll turbo, Sport Combi. Love this estate. I don't have as many watches, my wife would go crazy. I 'm where the housing cost is valgar, overcrowded, cost of living is OK, weather is great, ocean is within 20 miles and live at the base of mountains on a private golf course (don't play but love the views). Yes the ground shakes every once in a while, just keeps you on your toes.
But really a 928, that Porshe is one of the most expensive models to keep on the street! Always loved them but they were over engineered, just do a brake job. By the way I'm an old fart also.

Tim (Abarth)
foxint@foxint.com.au
Sponsor
Sponsor

Frequent Flyer

VIP

Sponsor

HF veteran

Thanks Guys

Tim - an American who likes "real" (I am treading on thin ice)...cars - love you....Nice cars, the Abarths are the ones I love.
Daan/Dan
foxint@foxint.com.au
aris.dayton

5 year veteran

Frequent Flyer

VIP

Prolific poster

HF veteran

Post by aris.dayton »

im always a fan of OWC, Dan. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
.................................................................................
6497 Dis/Assembly: https://www.eta.ch/swisslab/6497/6947.html
Tanukjaju
Village Whore
Village Whore

Car lover

I'm hot

Animal

5 year veteran

Frequent Flyer

VIP

Prolific poster

HF veteran

Skillful builder

8 giorni nut

Good neighbour

Post by Tanukjaju »

foxint@foxint.com.au wrote: April 14th, 2018, 9:17 pm Hi Guys

Looks like we have a new Forum – great. I am not sure what happened to the old one…but I am an OLD DOG learning a NEW TRICK….

I am Dan Fock I am OWC or Orange Watch Company…. I live in Orange NSW Australia. A small regional centre in the middle of the bush. We have no permanent water supply, shit internet, highest council rates in Australia, expensive electricity and gas, it is a cultural, intellectual and professional wasteland. (Buying a house is cheap, but everything else is not). I am all for buying local, but when the local businesses stick it to you…makes no economic sense.

It sucks, but my wife is an Orange girl and has family here and we have 3 daughters under 15 years old and we wanted them to grow up in a (reasonably) safe environment. Makes it all worthwhile and there is no traffic…. Orange is named after Willem of Orange (the Dutch Prince who became King of England), I am from Dutch roots and Orange is the national colour of the Netherlands…perfect.

I am a grumpy old fart who is now sick and tired of corrupt politics and political correctness, but I hope to make a difference for my girls – I call them the Kinderfocken. I was ostracised and traumatised by a teacher as a child for not speaking English and hence can be a little strange.

I also run a small accounting practice with all my clients out of Orange – makes sense since I am on the autism spectrum, have OCD and am disassociated withdraw, I work well alone. When the odd client drops by, this makes me very agitated. So, the internet is perfect for me.

I am an overzealous watch collector with over 2,000 (mainly Enicar and Eterna) and have a few hundred clocks (mainly Zenith). I have stolen my wife’s label maker and all things are labelled and catalogued (excel and on my accounting software). I am a little geek and have built all my 5 PC’s.

Saying that I am not good with phones. I love value and hence I have a Samsung Note (not an I-phone).

I love small Italian cars, having more than 40 cars: FIAT (850, 500, 124, 125 Spyder) Lancia (Fulvia, Beta) Alfa (GTV 1750, 2000). There were a few moments of madness, when I owned a Mercedes Benz 280 TE, 280 CE (that I gave to Dad as his Jag was costing him too much) 190E 2.6, Volvo 960 Estate, Honda City, Civic and a Daihatsu Handi Van – it was handy. Although the school run, and the country mechanics have dictated my move to a Golf and a Camry V6 (it had to be the V6).

2017 was a bad year for me. I was in a bad physical and head space and basically had my head up my bottom and avoided the world. Hoping 2018 will be better and I will try to interact with the world more. I decided to be practical and sold my 1971 Porsche 911 and bought a more practical car - a Porsche 928 – a far more practical car and I can take all 3 Kinderfocken (and their bags) to school.

Hope to meet some good people – thank you for reading.

Just read this.... 928! That was one of my dream cars more than half my life ago. Any pics? I hardly see any of these on the road anymore.
:shifty:

foxint@foxint.com.au
Sponsor
Sponsor

Frequent Flyer

VIP

Sponsor

HF veteran

Thanks Mate

Kate the 928 is having some mechanical work done. But after the 1971 911, it is a more "grown-up" car. Still can make my hairs stand up. It is fast and stable - air and power steering is a bonus. Still basically a 2 seater. But I have squeezed my 3 girls and their school bags in. Best thing....in the school car park, nothing can touch it....as Tom Cruise said: Porsche there is no substitue.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Daan/Dan
foxint@foxint.com.au
edleef
VIP
VIP

VIP

HF veteran

Post by edleef »

o WoW, that's a nice one! these models are getting collectible. A long time a go i had the opportunity to drive one, men it has power. there was only one downside, the fuel gauge moved with the same speed as the RPM gauge :)
foxint@foxint.com.au
Sponsor
Sponsor

Frequent Flyer

VIP

Sponsor

HF veteran

I remember Dad's V12 jag was lucky to do 12mpg....I think my 928 does 12 litres/100km (combined highway/urban) about 20mpg so not too bad for a "supercar" As I live in the country I can get it down to about 8 or 9 litres
Daan/Dan
foxint@foxint.com.au